Childcare Enhancement with a Purpose (CCEP)
What is Childcare Enhancement with a Purpose (CCEP)?
CCEP is a quality child development training program available to all daycare/preschool programs in Calhoun, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, Randolph, and Talladega counties. CCEP provides 10 hours of training to the daycare/preschool facility. All training sessions are provided by experienced professionals and can be scheduled at YOUR location, at YOUR convenience. CCEP trainings are funded by the Department of Human Resources and are provided at NO COST to the participating facility/program.
For more information on CCEP, call 256-237-8203.
To make available resources to meet individual training needs for preschool, child development centers, family and group day care homes, Mother’s Day Out programs, and any other child care program located in Calhoun, Clay, Cleburne, Coosa, Randolph, and Talladega counties of East Central Alabama.
Who would benefit from CCEP?
Our goal is to provide training to anyone who is or may be involved with children who have special needs.
- Childcare facilities
- Home Daycare service providers
- Preschool Teachers
- Mother’s Day Out teachers
- Anyone working in an inclusive child care setting
What does the FREE CCEP training consist of?
CCEP training covers topics such as principles of inclusion and strategies for identifying children who may be at-risk for developmental delays in the areas of cognition, speech/language, self-help skills, motor and social/emotional. Participants may choose from a menu of other topics as well:
- Curriculum: “Play with a Purpose”, a successfully used curriculum, is a multidisciplinary approach which utilizes developmentally appropriate practice in inclusive childcare settings.
- Training Clock Hours / CEUs: Clock hour credit has been approved by the Department of Human Resources for all participants in our training program. In addition, participants may receive 1 CEU for all 10 hours of training from Wallace State College. CEUs are also available for social workers.
- On-site Consultation / Technical Assistance: CCEP training consists of Early Childhood special instructors, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and physical therapists who will provide on-site technical assistance and consultations.
- Resources: UCP provides contact information and referrals upon request for a wide variety of resources in our community to support children with special needs.
- Educational Kits: Indiviualized educational kits will be provided in order to promote inclusion and to help you with classroom activities.
Benefits of CCEP trainings to YOU and YOUR PROGRAM:
- Increased awareness and understanding of the benefits of including children with special needs.
- Strengthen the skills of your staff/teachers who work with special needs children in their activities and routines.
- Increased knowledge about developmentally appropriate practices.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the resources available in your area.
- Develop the ability to identify possible areas of concern in a child’s development.